1993-05-04 - Re: PATENT: A LEGAL way—maybe!

Header Data

From: peter honeyman <honey@citi.umich.edu>
To: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Message Hash: 77bf00c31a404b8e72bff7916ee9510dfdecd0539b2cce438992f4230fd3e1c0
Message ID: <9305040335.AA07265@toad.com>
Reply To: <9305031701.AA05899@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-04 03:35:11 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 3 May 93 20:35:11 PDT

Raw message

From: peter honeyman <honey@citi.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 May 93 20:35:11 PDT
To: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: PATENT: A LEGAL way---maybe!

well, eric, you're asking if i'm willing to put my money where my
mouth is, more or less, and i suppose the answer is "no."

that is, i don't really want to work on distribution mechanisms of
public keys in a non-authenticated, highly networked environment.

avi rubin and i are working on a pk-based remailer.  we need to
manage public keys, pgp is perfect, we plan to use it.

we hope to get to the point where we want to share our software
and then will be forced to visit the pk distribution question.

	peter

Thread