1993-05-22 - Re: WB: alt.whistleblower

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
To: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Message Hash: 7a207975dff8f9aea776ffd9345dc0ecf608049bc7c40d42ccbdd728e07e612b
Message ID: <9305222044.aa04112@penet.penet.FI>
Reply To: <9305221625.AA28081@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-22 17:59:56 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 May 93 10:59:56 PDT

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
Date: Sat, 22 May 93 10:59:56 PDT
To: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: WB: alt.whistleblower

> 1.  We want all postings to be anonymous.
> 2.  That every posting be anonymous requires software intervention.
> 3.  The software has to sit on some machine or machines, because it
>     cannot easily be put into every posting client.
> 4.  Someone will own these machines.
> 5.  Whoever owns them must agree with the political goals of the service
>     and be willing to take some heat for it.
> 6.  This excludes most machines.
> 7.  Whatever mechanism the servers use to connect with the net must
>     also be reasonably proof against pressure.
> 8.  The link between the newsgroup posting and the anonymity server
>     was to be the group moderator's address, which in this case maps
>     to a piece of software ratherthan a person.

Well, Telecom Finland has now informed me that the final final final
final delivery date for my international connection is May 26... Let's
keep our fingers (and toes) crossed...

	Julf

Thread