1993-05-05 - Re: ‘zines

Header Data

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com (Bill_Stewart(HOY002)1305)
To: att!toad.com!cypherpunks@homxb.ho.att.com
Message Hash: 9028c7f93803d42ba11bc721981f72012d7dd446e477aec98619980b962113ab
Message ID: <9305051424.AA06793@anchor.ho.att.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 May 93 07:26:47 PDT

Raw message

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com (Bill_Stewart(HOY002)1305)
Date: Wed, 5 May 93 07:26:47 PDT
To: att!toad.com!cypherpunks@homxb.ho.att.com
Subject: Re: 'zines

> >What is ZENGER magazine and where can I get info on it?
If memory serves me correctly, ZENGER is Ben Masel's paper;
it's mainly oriented towards hemp activists (and users),
but also covers other civil-liberties issues.

Peter Zenger was a publisher in New York during colonial times.
He was arrested for publishing Bad Things about the King, which was illegal.
His trial was helped reinforce important legal precedents for
preserving our freedoms - the facts weren't particularly in dispute
(he had published the pamphlets, and they did say things the King didn't like),
but the jury found him innocent because they thought the law was bad,
and juries under the common law have always had the right to
judge the law as well as the facts, no matter what the judge says.

For more information about this, write to
The Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA), Box 59, Helmville, Montana 59843;
this may be an old address, since Larry Dodge has moved to Texas,
but there may be mail forwarding.

		Bill Stewart

Thread