1993-05-23 - Police protection

Header Data

From: bcox@gmu.edu (Brad Cox)
To: jordan@imsi.com (Jordan Hayes)
Message Hash: c63fa20089681860a630e0a84232bbceff55103c7f4607cf3c37ea670ac58427
Message ID: <9305232050.AA29804@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 23 May 93 13:50:58 PDT

Raw message

From: bcox@gmu.edu (Brad Cox)
Date: Sun, 23 May 93 13:50:58 PDT
To: jordan@imsi.com (Jordan Hayes)
Subject: Police protection

>I'm sure lots of people could give examples of areas where "everyone"
>*is* armed, and while they certainly don't rely on "the government"
>(i.e., local police forces) for protection, most would agree the
>situation is not desirable ...

Yep. Switzerland for sure (every draft age citizen keeps an assault rifle
and ammo). Similarly for most US rural states; Oregon, South Carolina,
Texas and Arizona come to mind. So do shooting ranges and guns shows most
anywhere.

I've never felt safer than in such places, and most would say most such
places are desirable, compared to say Washington DC or New York where guns
have been outlawed for ages. Except for of course, those in the hands of
the state and the criminals.

Why in the world would you say otherwise?
--
       Brad Cox; bcox@gmu.edu; 703 968 8229 Voice 703 968 8798 Fax
       George Mason Program on Social and Organizational Learning

Thread