1993-05-27 - Re: VinCrypt

Header Data

From: Clark Reynard <clark@metal.psu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff7da1dadb37977c382983ba3d126e11d34b21e652295d2997b02fabdf6e60f8
Message ID: <9305270043.AA02074@metal.psu.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 26 May 93 17:03:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Clark Reynard <clark@metal.psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 93 17:03:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: VinCrypt

Even as a former 'hacker' myself, the second to last person I would
trust not to install a backdoor (next to the NSA) is a hacker.

In addition, merely having been a systems hacker hardly qualifies
one for writing complex crypto software.  Without any assurance as
to the authors' qualifications for writing a crypto package, or
their integrity.  Even if I could trust their integrity, I'm very
leery of black-box software.

----
Robert W. Clark             Just Say No! to the
rclark@nyx.cs.du.edu        Big Brother Chip

Thread