1993-06-01 - Re: Verifying Privacy as an Upload/AI?

Header Data

From: peb@PROCASE.COM
To: fnerd@smds.com
Message Hash: 3ff1aa11357516ca10e3aca2b4a71dac8aebb292d90404af0434d7bc11799345
Message ID: <9306012209.AA17679@banff.procase.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 14:32:55 PDT

Raw message

From: peb@PROCASE.COM
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 14:32:55 PDT
To: fnerd@smds.com
Subject: Re: Verifying Privacy as an Upload/AI?

I think you are headed in the right direction wrt a capability system,
however, they are predicated on tamper proof hardware.  Since you
stipulate human being copying and torturing (sounds like tampering
to me), I think this is not ultimate privacy.

Hmm, perhaps you should set up a key escrow system (!) so that you need
to call your most trusted friends to assemble your session key.  The
session key works only once, assuming a tamper proof, capability system.
When you call them, they can quiz you on your mental and physical health
to determine whether they should give you the keys...thus limiting the
ability of a torturer.

Paul E. Baclace
peb@procase.com

Thread