1993-06-24 - Re: Perspectives

Header Data

From: gnu (John Gilmore)
To: Dr. Cat <cat@wixer.bga.com>
Message Hash: 41c4245d0ad2a8a1363e125f9c3462976a3a2d714c56d419b1a265092f760ed6
Message ID: <9306241633.AA11443@toad.com>
Reply To: <9306222124.AA00723@wixer.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-24 16:33:36 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 09:33:36 PDT

Raw message

From: gnu (John Gilmore)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 09:33:36 PDT
To: Dr. Cat <cat@wixer.bga.com>
Subject: Re: Perspectives

I agree with der Cat; the paranoia here is getting excessive.

I think it's most likely that the documents we received were genuine,
and an attempt of someone in the Secretary of Defense's staff to
explain the situation to policy-people in that office who had not kept
track of what was going on.  There's a lot more for the Secretary of
Defense to do than to watch domestic entryption debates, and falsify
documents about them just in case someone requests them under FOIA.

	John

Thread