1993-06-25 - Deniable fed assets

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 703640283b17d4a1fa6cce351b8564d4cf6af6ecfac66f05e55a70b691e41a73
Message ID: <650.2C2A54D4@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 13:33:00 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 13:33:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Deniable fed assets

* Reply to msg originally in CYPHERPUNKS
 Uu> BTW ANY federal
 Uu> intelligence agencie will act as a "cutout" for situations where the
 Uu> prime agency cannot operate legally but another can.

This is absolutely true; I personally performed technically illegal
domestic intelligence-gathering services [relatively benign] under an
identical arrangement for several years.

Based on some eighteen years of personal experience, I will attest to
the fact that _any_ legal or constitutional safeguard against the
invasion of privacy will be routinely ignored by virtually any law
enforcement or intelligence agency if it suits their purposes & is
within their abilities.

* <m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner

Thread