1993-06-11 - MAIL: logging that happens on soda

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7d6bb8903866b8ebbdcd28fd6e0839efc030f97a49d27781211aa644e8e70c9c
Message ID: <9306111802.AA17868@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9306111651.AA14556@edev0.TFS>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-11 18:05:40 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:05:40 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:05:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MAIL: logging that happens on soda

Re: sendmail logs

>Eric, most of us know this stuff you are making yourself look very
>unix  illiterate.

I have opened my mouth and removed all doubt.  I _am_ mostly
illiterate in the details of Unix; this is one system administration
detail I did not know.  I have known for a long time that these logs
were in principle easy for administration to keep, but I did not know
that they were an entirely standard feature.

I raise this because it affects perceived remailer security and I have
not once heard these specific logs brought up, on the list or in person.

Eric

Thread