1993-06-19 - correction on pgp 2.3 problem

Header Data

From: Linda Boyd <lnboyd@tenet.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 811aeabbc3804cd7af0d7c4bb2cd88c7a207a08a797bae87c2d6b58013609af7
Message ID: <199306190808.AA28340@Alice-Thurman.tenet.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 19 Jun 93 01:10:49 PDT

Raw message

From: Linda Boyd <lnboyd@tenet.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 93 01:10:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: correction on pgp 2.3 problem

Please forgive me!

        It seems that the signature generated by the pgp
2.3 _IS_ good (according to 2.2), in any form.  It's just
that pgp 2.3 will not read a signature that is appended
to an ascii message and ascii armored.  If the signature
is in a separate file, or if it isn't armored, it will
read it fine.  Just not a message with the signature
block attached to it...

        So the problem is in the reading of the pgp signature
block, not in the generation of the signature.  I'm not very
adept at programming, but am trying to work my way through
it to see if I can find the problem.

        Sorry for the previous mistake.  Again, maybe
this is just my machine...

sean

Thread