1993-06-18 - Re: Blasting Bidzos Blather

Header Data

From: fnerd@smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 82a98e1b68f7681cd3274e0f375de5bf7d1b3efdda78b7b50798872b3080acbe
Message ID: <9306182053.AA22777@smds.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 13:58:25 PDT

Raw message

From: fnerd@smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 13:58:25 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Blasting Bidzos Blather

Let's see if I understand L. Detweiler's recent comments:

1) PKP licensed key exchange for use with Clipper and DSS.
   Clipper and DSS are bad.
   Therefore PKP is "supporting, nay, *promoting* and *profiting*
   from" DSS and Clipper.

   a) "supporting, nay, *promoting*"--this is not good publicity
      against Clipper and DSS.  Therefore PKP is our enemy.
   b) "*profiting from*"--this is dirty money, therefore PKP is
      dirty and we can't trust them.

2) They did it "at no additional charge."
   (Someone please explain relation to 1b, above.)
   Therefore they must be receiving some other compensation
   behind our backs.
   Therefore they're bad guys and we shouldn't trust them.

3) Bidzos says they don't dictate terms, yet their licenses
   DO have terms.  Therefore he is lying, should not be trusted,
   etc.

4) They should have refused to license bad uses of "their"
   technology, but they didn't.  Therefore they're bad, etc.

Have I got that right?
-fnerd
quote me

Thread