1993-06-23 - REMAIL: Origin lines in remailers

Header Data

From: elee9sf@Menudo.UH.EDU
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8a1ed990ea8590f58b16b4d4f73824d8b3e8b8c581b68492fe8fda4866bfda0a
Message ID: <199306231520.AA15363@Menudo.UH.EDU>
Reply To: <44.2C280DA9@wyrm.rbbs-net.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-23 15:20:37 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 08:20:37 PDT

Raw message

From: elee9sf@Menudo.UH.EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 08:20:37 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: REMAIL: Origin lines in remailers

> One of the problems that has arisen is the retention of the origin lines
> placed at the bottom of the outgoing message by various gates & net
> whatnot (see bottom of this message for an example).

Yeah, the discussion centered on whether remailers should modify text
(converting tabs, crlf, strip signatures, etc.) or not.  I guess it
would be "best" if the remailers just pass text on through, but then
some people can't help extra stuff their mail software puts in.

Right now, you can form your message and encrypt it with extropia's
public key - that remailer will only forward text encrypted text, so
your signature will get removed.

| Karl L. Barrus                    |
| elee9sf@menudo.uh.edu             | <- preferred address
| barrus@tree.egr.uh.edu (NeXTMail) |