1993-06-02 - WH email petition.

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b162ae2d7bdee0f8b02c630b6f0b67bbe26218107b13d1e567c4797c18b0f148
Message ID: <9306020408.AA19558@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9306020313.AA20120@triton.unm.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-02 03:34:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 20:34:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 20:34:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: WH email petition.

>In light of the White House getting on the net, how effective do you all think
>an electronic petition, about the BigBrotherChip, would be?

It appears that they are going to count responses and make totals pro
and con any particular issue that people write about.  Thus while the
particulars of the petition don't really matter, the basic statements
against restrictions on encryption technology do.

I also heard no mention that they were going to do any kind of sorting
by person or email address.  Thus it appears that you get to vote
early and often in this public opinion poll.

Heh, heh, heh.

Eric

Thread