1993-06-25 - Re: Chained remails

Header Data

From: nobody@alumni.cco.caltech.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b997adb5854c8f0e9b7259d2c07e19370f101b8e470d76ee4d155cf0a9f17eee
Message ID: <9306251230.AA10558@alumni.cco.caltech.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 05:32:09 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@alumni.cco.caltech.edu
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 05:32:09 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Chained remails

M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org (M. Stirner) sez:

> Gee, am I amazed.  An anonymous post claims to have been routed via
> SIXTEEN (presumably cypherpunks) remailers.  Using the posted list of
> "active" cypherpunks remailers & the revised remailer manual, I have
> been unable to get simple
>
> To: remailer@wherever.doodah.edu
>
> ::
> Request-Remailing-To:
>
> test messages to run through any but a couple (9, 10 & 12 I believe).  I
> have _never_ been able to get any of the "insects @ Berkeley" remailers
> to go with the standard syntax...or otherwise.
>
> Are most remailers down on any given day?  Could Mr. Sixteen Jumps do it
> twice in a lifetime?

Well, I really used only 5 different remailers, total of 16 hops.  I Should haf
made that clearer.

The ones I used were:

hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu
hh@cicada.berkeley.edu
hh@soda.berkeley.edu
hal@alumni.caltech.edu
hfinney@shell.portal.com

This message will go through 24 hops, just for the heck of it.

....Mr. Funn

Thread