1993-06-02 - whistle for Whistleblowing!

Header Data

From: ““L. Detweiler”” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c7861a16d6c037c975170786f2c04f5f3b829156a84b532c2c07fab8504cc174
Message ID: <9306020701.AA03726@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 23:24:34 PDT

Raw message

From: ""L. Detweiler"" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 23:24:34 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: whistle for Whistleblowing!

>A quick update: Telecom Finland finally delivered. My uncontrolled,
>no-AUP IP connection via EUnet (Copenhagen-Amsterdam-Alternet) went
>operational yesterday. The new 486 box also arrived. Expected to go
>into 100% service this weekend!

Oh, the bright sun is shining through! This is absolutely perfect timing.

I just ran rn and what did it have to report?

alt.whistleblowing not in .newsrc -- Add unsubscribed?

Cypherpunks, alt.whistleblowing has been created!  Special thanks to
Miron Cuperman, a First Class Grade A Cypherpunk, who took care of the
electronic paperwork on this one after reading my desperate posting(s).
(I don't understand though, at my site it didn't appear for over a week
since the control message was sent out.) If it's not at your site send
mail to your news administrator and ask if there's some kind of
conspiracy going on to prevent you from seeing it :)

I generally *don't* recommend that the Mycotronx postings be sent there
(yet), even if someone can set up an untraceable path. I talked to the
poster today and he has many plans for them that might be disrupted by
any further publicity. In fact, he told me he *accidentally* posted
them to the cypherpunks list! He thought it would just go to the
`moderator' (Eric Hughes). Explains a bit.

Watch for a FAQ to the group (possibly here first) and advertisements
in other groups.

Also: HOW TO CONTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY. Find relevant material from any
groups you have ever visited and FORWARD IT. Make sure to be very
thorough in citing the source and background of the posting.

Let the games begin!  The doors are open! Fire away, soldiers!

p.s. If anyone wants to run an interesting and critical project, I
think that the `control' group should be monitored for message cancels
in alt.whistleblower, cancelling parties should be *exposed*, and the
cancelled postings in particular should be *preserved*.

Thread