1993-06-10 - Re: Encrypting the list

Header Data

From: Hal <74076.1041@CompuServe.COM>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: dccb990cb7c753325a6b0015e5f7b8acbddfc9e0b9f8cdcc2c188502a0fe068a
Message ID: <93061014295174076.1041_FHD65-1@CompuServe.COM>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1993-06-10 14:38:15 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 07:38:15 PDT

Raw message

From: Hal <74076.1041@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 07:38:15 PDT
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Encrypting the list

To: cypherpunks@toad.com

If we could encrypt the list, and if we could subscribe via Julf's remailer
or get our remailers to accept address aliases of some sort, then list
subscribers could have "local" privacy.  Local sysops and roots would not
be able to see our incoming mail, and would not see that we were subscribing
to a group like "cypherpunks".

My long-term goal would be to have all mail be encrypted, and all mail be
sent via anonymous remailers (or equivalent technology), so that the content
and routing of our messages is truly private.

Hal
74076.1041@compuserve.com

Thread