1993-06-19 - Re: PGP question

Header Data

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
To: i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Nickey MacDonald)
Message Hash: dd3f1c4db34e896689ce065f85b4e2851fbc3b3fd97e7b85de5de008928b392a
Message ID: <9306191838.AA25943@triton.unm.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9306190253.A25138-b100000@jupiter>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-19 18:38:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 19 Jun 93 11:38:34 PDT

Raw message

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 93 11:38:34 PDT
To: i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Nickey MacDonald)
Subject: Re: PGP question

According to Nickey MacDonald:

> I am working on an interesting application using PGP.. and I have come
> upon a snag.  I want to have a message with more that one "pgp block" ie
> more than one file encrypted and then all the encrypted files concatenated
> as one new file.  If you just use "pgp file" it tries to overwrite the same

I remember doing this once.  What I did was (I think) I encrypted each file in
turn and copied it to the end of the "master" file.  You can then go back and
wipe the temp-cypher files.  When you pgp master.fil, it will extract each file
in turn.  And, yes, this is an automatic process.  Hope this helps.

| J. Michael Diehl ;-)  | I thought I was wrong once. | PGP KEY |
| mdiehl@triton.unm.edu |   But, I was mistaken.      |available|
| mike.diehl@fido.org   |                             | Ask Me! |
+------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
|            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |
+-----If codes are outlawed, only criminals wil have codes.-----+
+----Is Big Brother in your phone?  If you don't know, ask me---+

Thread