1993-07-26 - Re: Cypherpunks T-Shirt

Header Data

From: baumbach@atmel.com (Peter Baumbach)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2a72a883a4bdbe1cd3eedec7942ce44a333b4500eebba7c8a711d0d2c95d31c2
Message ID: <9307262118.AA02220@hammerhead.chp.atmel.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 14:40:53 PDT

Raw message

From: baumbach@atmel.com (Peter Baumbach)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 14:40:53 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks T-Shirt

A custom one color t-shirt can be had for $27.60. 2 @ $15.90 each.
4 @ $10.10 each. 12 @ $6.20 each.

This is not silkscreening, it is fabric dye based laser printer toner.
You can actually do all this on your own laser printer, but the cost
above is for a finished product.  The company sells supplies or will
do it all for you.  You might want to ask for a sample of their
product before ordering anything.

They also publish a magazine: Flash   The premier Journal of Desktop Printing

The ad as seen in their magazine follows:

Transfer Services

  We can reproduce photographs, drawings, artwork or computer graphics on
a variety of products using our Transfer Toner technology.  We will color
separate your photos or artwork to create full color transfers.  The
prices below are for projects where you provide us with camera ready artwork.
Design sizes are shown in parenthesis after item names.  Larger designs can
often be accomodated with one or more Additional Designs.  Designs may be
placed on the back, front, sleeve, cuff, & pocket.
  To use the chart below, simply match the product you want to the
quantity you are ordering for the base price of the first color.  Next,
add in the cost per item for each additional color.  For full color
photos & artwork add three more colors for a total of four.
  To receive these low prices artwork must be camera ready.  Single color
items should be in black ink on bright white paper.  Multicolor items
should be in their respective colors on one composite page.  High
contrast images will give the best results.  We also accept images on
3.5" Mac & PC disks in the follwing formats: ReadySetGo, TIFF, MacDraw,
MacPaint, Illustrator, & PjotoShop.  Files should be print erady and clearly
labeled.  Include any special fonts as outlines.  Be sure to keep a backup
of all artwork.  We attempt to return all originals, but can not be
responsible for their loss or damage.
  Our artists can create or modify a design at the rate of $45/hr billed
by the quarter-hour.  Simple jobs like curved text might be 15 minutes.
  Full scale mockups are available at the Q1 pricing and are 75%
deductible against orders placed within 30-days of Q12 for that same item.

Per Piece Costs:      Quantity 1    Qty2     Qty4     Qty12
T-Shirt (10.7"x8")       $27.60    $15.90   $10.10    $6.20
Sweat Shirt (10.7"x8")   $33.50    $21.90   $16.00    $12.20
Additional Colors         $2.00     $1.75    $1.50     $0.75

Other items and costs, but I'm getting tired of typing.

BlackLightning Inc.
Riddle Pond Rd.
West Topsham, VT 05086
1-800-252-2599
(802)439-6463 Fax

------------------------------------
The magazine seems to have separated from the toner company.
For what it's worth, the masthead has CIS:[73130,1734].  I think
that's a Compuserve address, and offhand I don't know how to
send mail to one, yet I know it's possible.  The 2 companies
probably have employees in common.

I have never actually done business with this company, but from reading
their magazine I have a good feeling about them.  I considered going
into the t-shirt printing business using this companies products, but
for now I am still a wage slave.

Peter Baumbach
baumbach@bass.sco.atmel.com ;-)

Thread