1993-07-28 - Tshirts

Header Data

From: cdodhner@indirect.com (Christian D. Odhner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 40e174d412049f40360340b3aa98f135ec0c081bce2ce8b97d96c22deddfc3c4
Message ID: <9307280900.AA03905@indirect.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jul 93 02:03:01 PDT

Raw message

From: cdodhner@indirect.com (Christian D. Odhner)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 93 02:03:01 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Tshirts

 Quoting Stanton McCandlish:

 > My question would be, who gets the money, and who does the work?  Is this
 > something some individual is going to go do, or is some sort of CP fund
 > going to be set up (which could perhaps be used to help get a conference
 > or something going, or at least cover the cost of some duly elected
 > representative of the CPs to attend important conferences and report back
 > to us all.  Or something like that.

 I think the easiest way to do it would be for sombody (like myself in
 about three weeks, or hopefully somebody else sooner, or best of all
 several people independantly) to decide on one design they personaly like
 the best, and print up about 12-24 of them out of petty cash. Figure out
 cost per shirt, charge listmembers at cost plus postage and others at cost
 plus a buck or two plus postage. If there is a big demand then make a lot
 more and charge a bit more per shirt, maybe come out of it with a little
 cash to fund the next project... The point is I think we are all a little
 too individualy-minded to reach a group agreement ahead of time, but as
 soon as somebody has a finished tshirt to sell I think most people will
 want one, weather or not it is the one they had hoped for.

 Happy Hunting, -Chris Odhner
 <cdodhner@indirect.com>

Thread