1993-07-08 - Re: PC week

Header Data

From: Chris Claborne <claborne@ccgate.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44bbf338865d4429c9e8f90f32d541554e6e0d48bf066bc4a5e04223f6308a62
Message ID: <9307071831.af02186@ncrcom.DaytonOH.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 21:58:29 PDT

Raw message

From: Chris Claborne <claborne@ccgate.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 21:58:29 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PC week

     >Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the new issue of PC
     >Week contains a big special report entitled "Privacy in the
     >Workplace." It's got about five or six separate pieces on electronic
     >eavesdropping in the workplace, encryption, Clipper, etc., etc.  I've
     >only had a chance to scan it quickly (I mean with my eyes), but it
     >seems that there's no mention of PGP at all, even in the piece on
     >public-key encryption. Shocking.  And the piece on Clipper, while it
     >of course mentions all the opposition to the proposal, seemed just a
     >bit wimpy to me.  Anyway, it's the June 28 issue.  Worth checking
     >out, I guess.

     Wimpy yes, but a good start.  I am seeing more and more on clipper and
     encryption.  I think I even saw on in the LA Times.  I would reccomend
     that we encourage this behavior by writing letters to the editor.
     Remember... Power of the press. (some day "power of the net")

         2
     -- C  --

Thread