1993-07-23 - REMAIL: replying to cp-remailed messages

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51c9ff6468c864788d23c6122444dcdc9752b7ae19a15dc680a30755c4cca241
Message ID: <9307230235.AA26480@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9307090322.AA03678@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-07-23 02:40:16 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Jul 93 19:40:16 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 93 19:40:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: REMAIL: replying to cp-remailed messages

>We might want to think about changing our
>remailers to have a non-anonymous remailing command as well as an anonymous
>one.  This way you could have "local" privacy from any sysop who snoops on
>your mail going out, while still making it easy for people to reply to you.

There should be a way to do this already.  Just as :: does header
pasting when a mailer receives a message, so should ## paste headers
when a mailer sends a message.  Then you just paste in a Reply-To:
header field when the message leaves the last remailer.

This technique is also useful for Usenet posting, for things like
Organization:, etc.

Eric

Thread