1993-07-29 - Re: Paranoia and the Outlawing of Cash

Header Data

From: “Jeremy R. Smith” <jersmit@eis.calstate.edu>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 55c9552e8efaaa41463891dd947313165a16aecd9a4fb700f2c27a693e9b8200
Message ID: <Pine.3.07.9307290210.A19548-b100000@eis.calstate.edu>
Reply To: <9307290837.AA00242@netcom5.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-07-29 09:37:03 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 29 Jul 93 02:37:03 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jeremy R. Smith" <jersmit@eis.calstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 93 02:37:03 PDT
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Paranoia and the Outlawing of Cash

	I too have noticed a growing trend in the use of electronic money
for a wide range of transactions.  For example. I have an ATM card that
was issued on my checking account.  With it, I can make purchases at any
place displaying the Interlink symbol.  This includes gas stations, fast
food places, and a lot of common stores such as the Good Guys, Circuit
City, etc.
	Personally, I find this way of doing business a lot more
conveinent than carrying cash money.  No large demoninations to worry
about, and if you are robbed, they have to crack your PIN to use the card.
If they use a portabel reader, you could be screwed.  But, in most cases
you would have time to call customer service and cancel the card.
	I love progress.

						Jeremy Smith
						jersmit@eis.calstate.edu

Thread