1993-07-08 - Re: Encrypted postings.

Header Data

From: Chris Claborne <claborne@ccgate.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c900059127a2b3519fe61d3373789705d2003332bb2d6694a39fbb871a474bca
Message ID: <9307071256.ab02776@ncrcom.DaytonOH.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 22:06:38 PDT

Raw message

From: Chris Claborne <claborne@ccgate.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 22:06:38 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encrypted postings.

     >I've had a couple of people ask to have their names added to the
     >encrypted list forwarder I put together.  I'm soliciting feedback on
     >how this service should work.

     Could we send our postings to the mailer in encrypted format?  That
     is... I would encrypt the message with the public key for the mailer,
     the mailer would decrypt and re-post to the clear-text mailer and to
     the PGP group.

        Granted, because the mailer must be run in full auto mode, it won't
     be the most secure.  It would mean that all inbound as well as
     outbound cypherpunk traffic to my node would be in an electronic
     envelope.

         2
     -- C  --

Thread