1993-07-07 - Public record

Header Data

From: fergp@sytex.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f9311f1bdf9311f4d81e81553817c7ff4adaea4860fe8b57517a26daec0c0f18
Message ID: <5HPa7B2w165w@sytex.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 21:13:11 PDT

Raw message

From: fergp@sytex.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 21:13:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Public record

I received a letter from "The National Computer System Security and
Priivacy Advisory Board" this past week, acknowledging my letter to
them (and submission thereof) on the "key-escrow" initiative.

Without quoting the entirety of the letter, one particular passage
merits repeat:

"Copies of written statements/comments received on these issues will
be made part of the public record. All statements/comments are
available for inspection aand copying in the Central Reference and
Records Inspection Facility, Room 600, Herbert C. Hoover (Department
of Commerce) Building, 14th Street between Pennsylvania and
Constitution Avenues, NW, Washington, DC 20230."

The letter is signed by Lynn McNulty, Board Secretariat.

(Actually, his secretary called me here in New York to get my
 mailing address even though I made a point of including it in my
 original letter of opposition. Go figure.)

 Anyway, this is now public record and subject to an FOIA request, no?

 Cheers.

Paul Ferguson               |  "Confidence is the feeling you get
Network Integrator          |   just before you fully understand
Centreville, Virginia USA   |   the problem."
fergp@sytex.com             |      - Murphy's 7th Law of Computing

               Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Thread