1993-08-28 - Re: Another BBS Seizure in Hartford

Header Data

From: Jim McCoy <mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
To: gg@well.sf.ca.us (George A. Gleason)
Message Hash: 33e9c34128fa278e45689a19f9fcda1f4033ca2032c7d58da8bfece9e5716dc7
Message ID: <199308282034.AA02091@tigger.cc.utexas.edu>
Reply To: <93Aug28.033217pdt.14474-2@well.sf.ca.us>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-28 20:36:07 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Aug 93 13:36:07 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim McCoy <mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 93 13:36:07 PDT
To: gg@well.sf.ca.us (George A. Gleason)
Subject: Re: Another BBS Seizure in Hartford

> Bombs & bulletin boards: the news media regularly mention the name of the
> chemical used to stinkbomb abortion clinics, and the composition of the
> world trade center bomb.  So it seems to me a decent defense could be made
> on the grounds of "selective prosecution" since after all, juveniles can
> always tune in the news and learn how to make bad things.  Well...?

It is even easier than that.  They can go down to the local library and
check out a book that will tell them how to make something better than an
ammonium nitrate fuel oil composition (it is hard to ignite such beasts,
but as someone who was always intrigued with pyrotechnics as a youth I know
there is a lot of info out there...)  Besides, they could just order a book
from loompanics that tells them how do make a whole lot more.

A good lawyer should be able to tear this one to bits...

jim

Thread