1993-08-18 - Re: encrypted anonymous traffic

Header Data

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4501e576b3d67bd135dcc809de9cf8ff48ca6f7ed9dfccfbdb502bfebe3df2a5
Message ID: <9308181650.AA03366@elvis.tamu.edu>
Reply To: <9308180211.AA20152@snorkelwacker.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-18 16:50:39 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 09:50:39 PDT

Raw message

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 09:50:39 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: encrypted anonymous traffic

"Perry E. Metzger" writes:

>To begin with, the ban on encrypted messages makes no sense because
>people who do not have the key to read the messages can obviously not
>receive them, and even people who do have the key must make an active
>effort to read the messages. I will ignore that for the moment,
>however, and address this pervasive notion that words can cause more
>harm than letter bombs.

  Stupidity is it's own virtue.

  If people, who are afraid of fat electrons crowding their email-box,
don't bother to _read_the_manual_ that's their fault.  There's a
wonderful tool called the "filter", that can protect these virtual
innocents from themselves.  Unfortunately, no such device exists
for _real_mail_.  If they don't want email from certain individuals,
then they can put those people into the filter and ignore them
as blissfully as they ignore reality itself.

  Just my $0.02 worth.

--
Allan Bailey, UNIX programmer, CSC          | "Freedom is not free."
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations | allan.bailey@tamu.edu

Thread