1993-08-18 - mailing list <-> newsgroup ?

Header Data

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 53ca0b25afa5b49f8bfcac1ac640b14ccd415ed94bfba29af891212544f80327
Message ID: <9308181850.AA10702@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 11:50:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 11:50:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

Hi,
  How many people are subscribed to this list right now?  How many
people have read it before and dropped off only due to bandwidth
problems?  This list easily generates more traffic than any of
the newsgroups I read.  If the number of people on this list is
big why dont we set it up as a newsgroup (gatewayed to a list so
that people without newsfeeds can still read it) ?
Probably alot more people would read and participate.  Newsgroups
have the advantage that you can read them when you have the time
and let them go when you dont, without hassles of joining and
unjoining.  The audience would probably be bigger as as well.
Any counter arguments?

                            Tim N.

Thread