1993-08-07 - Oceania (libertarian country in the works)

Header Data

From: kurtww@netcom.com (Kurt Wiedenhoeft)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 575b76c440e2876cfd43f05d476a3f243743756a5ba26b7a59ea9bd521cb087f
Message ID: <9308070400.AA26370@netcom3.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 21:05:22 PDT

Raw message

From: kurtww@netcom.com (Kurt Wiedenhoeft)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 21:05:22 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Oceania (libertarian country in the works)

hey all,

I just realized that I haven't seen any info on the Atlantis
Project come across the list (at least that I can remember).
That seems strange, since it seems to support directly or
indirectly all the Cypherpunk ideals.

Without going into too much detail (unless there is interest, I
suppose), The Atlantis Project is working on establishing a
floating city-state called Oceania in the Caribbean, based on a
very laissez-faire constitution and code of laws.  In my opinion,
Oceania is to become what Jefferson would have wanted the US to
be today.

To receive periodic updates, mail your email (and snail mail)
address to oceania@world.std.com .  If anyone wants some more
info, I've got bunches of back mail I could send out to whoever wants
it.

BTW, I heartily second Tim May's endorsement of Netcom as an
internet provider.

Kurt
--
*/--kurtww@netcom.com--503/297.6555---Finger-for-Public-Key--\*
|.Kurt Wiedenhoeft....."What is an Epigram? a dwarfish whole,.|

Thread