1993-08-18 - Re: encrypted anonymous traffic

Header Data

From: Mike Rose <mrose@stsci.edu>
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Message Hash: 5e7aa4a98f8b9e1aa874e920b0c541e2057294a40e714c304ae76e2454797601
Message ID: <9308181709.AA25457@MARIAN.STSCI.EDU>
Reply To: <9308181620.AA20911@snark.lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-18 17:10:41 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 10:10:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Mike Rose <mrose@stsci.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 10:10:41 PDT
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Subject: Re: encrypted anonymous traffic

On Wed, 18 Aug 1993 12:20:51 -0400, "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com> said:

>I'm sorry, but its completely irrational to prefer to be killed by an
>explosive over getting email from someone you hate. This insane notion
>that words are somehow worse than physical blows has to stop.

I'm sure glad you wrote this.  It's about time some common sense got
injected into this thread.

>It leads to insane conclusions, among others, the conclusion that we
>must all be restricted in our speech at all times lest we offend
>other's feelings.

And I'm glad you pointed this out.  I hadn't looked at it this way,
but I see now it's a clear extension from the "words are worse than
bombs" philosophy.

Mike

Thread