1993-08-06 - Re: Cypherpunks, keep your powder dry….

Header Data

From: peb@PROCASE.COM (Paul Baclace)
To: geoffw@nexsys.net
Message Hash: 8ae1c1ae5dd8cbb8a5ec1f4eb34ec989f54251e7a9a5c44493b16ea2594ea063
Message ID: <9308061859.AA01349@banff.procase.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 12:00:13 PDT

Raw message

From: peb@PROCASE.COM (Paul Baclace)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 12:00:13 PDT
To: geoffw@nexsys.net
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks, keep your powder dry....

>> From: tcmay@netcom.com
>> there will be calls for restrictions to "keep
>> "unbreakable codes' out of the hands of criminals and terrorists.

>This is not a flame on you Tim, but look at the absurdity of this!
>[...] How much does it take
>for the average person to totally see through this flimsy sharade?

I think Tim correct about this as a possible scenario, although the
magnitude may be small.   Re: the Village Voice article's description
of the WWII paranoia.  Example:  During the Gulf War paging people
at the San Francisco airport was banned...

Paul E. Baclace
peb@procase.com

Thread