1993-08-13 - Re: anonymous contact ser

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f0.n0.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c2fd6fa5fa1f3c53d9d55a2b0b4f57e5869191f9627771626cf400dd7d91a1fd
Message ID: <1791.2C6B7915@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Aug 93 04:48:24 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f0.n0.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 93 04:48:24 PDT
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: anonymous contact ser

 -=> Quoting Uucp to All <=-

 Uu> Apologies for replying on the list....

That's OK with me.  This probably answers some questions for a few
others, too.

 Uu> Here's why. I can't reply directly to your message, as some gateway on
 Uu> the way barfs on the ".." in your name. This seems to come and go.
 Uu> This is probably also what screws up anon.penet.fi.

This is extremely interesting!  This "problem" was supposedly fixed some
time ago, but this is why I have alternate accounts elsewhere with more
common names.   In any event, I will pass this information along to the
proper persons.

 > repl: bad addresses:
 >       "M. Stirner" <M..Stirner@f0.n0.z1.fidonet.org> -- no mailbox in
 > local-part (.)

This is yet another problem that was supposedly repaired - it should
read m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org, but a curious glitch in the BBS
reply software that handles conversions of mailings to conferences &
automatic routing of replies periodically enters all zeroes in the "f" &
"n" fields.  I will pass this along, also.

 Uu> Another problem is that your address keeps changing. Thus you have
 Uu> several ID's on anon.penet.fi, some with passwords, some without. Your
 Uu> message was from m..stirner@f0.n0.z1.fidonet.org, but in your sinature
 Uu> you claim you are also m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org (or
 Uu> ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!0!0!M..Stirner).

Yes, the zeros are wrong & were inserted by software out of my control.
I also have different addresses, true enough, but there is no f0.n0.z1
in fido; that address is a software error.  I suspect it'll be on this
message, too.

STILL....the problem I have is not addressed:  I cannot make a
multi-line header (as in the required "X-Anon-Password: password" line)
work through this UUCP gate, as far as I can tell.  I have been
attempting to route my mail to the penet remailer via other cypherpunks
remailers with the syntax:

::
Request-Remailing-To: anon@anon.penet.fi
From: anXXXXXX@anon.penet.fi

But I am not sure if the cypherpunk remailer's address conflicts with my
From: field or not - I _think_ it does.  If so, I cannot use password
header lines unless anon.penet.fi can handle having blank lines between
the header fields:

To: anon@anon.penet.fi

From: anXXXXX@anon.penet.fi

The above header will pass the UUCP gate here.  Without the blank lines,
the header gets grunged after the To: anon@anon.penet.fi line.
.   Thank you for your personal attention to this vexing problem.
.   ~
.   M.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!0!0!M..Stirner

Thread