1993-08-10 - Re: re: Secure voice software issues

Header Data

From: “Claborne, Chris” <claborne@ccsmtp.scrippsranchca.NCR.COM>
To: perobich@ingr.com
Message Hash: cbfedeb1cd58cf9b7644696895c4ab4741b552155af58b1dc3c3f58a8f2befb5
Message ID: <9307107449.AA744997753@ccsmtp.ScrippsRanchCA.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Aug 93 09:02:03 PDT

Raw message

From: "Claborne, Chris" <claborne@ccsmtp.scrippsranchca.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 93 09:02:03 PDT
To: perobich@ingr.com
Subject: Re: re: Secure voice software issues

>The problem with this is that public-key encryption is slooooow. I
>never thought of having a fixed key for each user; even the STU-III
>ignition keys get reloaded every so often.

   The slow part is the RSA encryption.  The conversation doesn't
need to be encrypted with RSA, mabe IDEA or something else.  All you
really need to do is create a session key for each side once with RSA
then you are done (similar to PGP).

    2
-- C  --

Thread