1993-08-26 - Re: Source Code NOT available for ViaCrypt PGP

Header Data

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp)
To: mbriceno@aol.com
Message Hash: d76444e274ff18ea841ce4db7b99c95a02d57f42ad5a4860a298de4b87b8678d
Message ID: <m0oVcTz-00023kC@khijol>
Reply To: <9308260321.tn19240@aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-26 09:12:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 02:12:23 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 02:12:23 PDT
To: mbriceno@aol.com
Subject: Re: Source Code NOT available for ViaCrypt PGP

> >  B) He is under 'a lot' of pressure to have a product 'on the shelves
> > in under two months', and therefore the first release will be a
> > MS-DOS version, then Macintosh, SVR4, SUN OS, and all of those unix
> > versions, and that they will eventualy put out a windows product and
> > start makeing improvements to the actual product.
>
> I can't help but wonder if the guy is feeling other pressures besides time
> pressures. Just thinking. I don't think that ViaCrypt will make much money of
> the people on this list.

I think he's trying to run ahead of Clipper and the resulting encryption ban.
Make a lot of $$$ from people by selling them soon-to-be-"useless" software.

What a scam...
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@apple.com			510/659-9560
                            anon-0001@khijol.uucp