1993-08-26 - Source Code NOT available for ViaCrypt PGP

Header Data

From: “Christian D. Odhner” <cdodhner@indirect.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f4dd8e500371fcc61ed28bb3a985cd06c9635d01aba47276fbc3177434551429
Message ID: <199308260150.AA01716@indirect.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Aug 93 18:52:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "Christian D. Odhner" <cdodhner@indirect.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 93 18:52:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Source Code NOT available for ViaCrypt PGP

I talked once again with Dave Barnheart at ViaCrypt, and he told me:

	A) No source code will be available, due to the nature of the
agreement between PKP and ViaCrypt.
	B) He is under 'a lot' of pressure to have a product 'on the
shelves in under two months', and therefore the first release will be a
MS-DOS version, then Macintosh, SVR4, SUN OS, and all of those unix
versions, and that they will eventualy put out a windows product and start
makeing improvements to the actual product.

So in answer to (Paul Goggin's?) questions about verification of changes,
"We'll Just Have To Trust Them(tm)" <g>

But look on the bright side...

	This will blow David Sternlight out of the water!

Happy Hunting, -Simon Trask
<cdodhner@indirect.com>
PGP public key available upon request.

Thread