1993-08-24 - Re: (CuD) (CuNews) Smart Kard Forum

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f5bdca410ca3cf17d57fec8316d2c38fbfe263a80d39992ccc33813b89c3399e
Message ID: <199308241553.AA19959@panix.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9308231918.D23466-b100000@stein.u.washington.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-24 15:55:27 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 08:55:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 08:55:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: (CuD) (CuNews) Smart Kard Forum

In <Pine.3.05.9308231918.D23466-b100000@stein.u.washington.edu> Steven Hodas <hhll@u.washington.edu> writes:

Actually Burroughs...

>"Overpopulation has led to ever-increasing governmental control over the
>private citizen, not on the old-style police-state models of oppression
>and terror, but in terms of work, credit, housing, retirement benefits,
>and medical care: things which can be withheld. These services are
>computerized. No number, no service. However, this has not produced the

>>From _Blade Runner (a movie)_, William S. Burroughs, 1979, Blue Wind Press

Actually I have work, credit, housing, retirement benefits, and medical care
and they don't have my (right) numbers.  Mostly they don't have any numbers.

It is all still possible.

Duncan Frissell

Practicing & Preaching Privacy since at least 1969.

Thread