1993-09-20 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: nobody@soda.berkeley.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0f67f3ae97b7e7bb70a5e7b43efa136053bca2a6e126c98ce62af350c3dc73a6
Message ID: <9309202328.AA12607@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 16:31:17 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@soda.berkeley.edu
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 16:31:17 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: your mail

What do you put in the Subject: line of an encrypted or anonymous
message?

We need something standard to prevent traffic analysis on this field.

My suggestion is always to put "Subject: Re: your mail", since so much
mail already has that, due to a feature of the popular mailer elm.

If there is no standard, one could correlate Subject: patterns with
people.

Notice this message has been sent through "fmt" (and almost through
"spell") to remove more nuances.  Next we need an
English-to-bland-English translator that smooths over individual
language features (unless you're practicing stegonagraphy, then you
want one that inserts them!)

Thread