1993-09-05 - Re: Gubment Bombmaker’s Cookbook

Header Data

From: “George A. Gleason” <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: karn@qualcomm.com
Message Hash: 171cd99d732f846952c2d372592a7ef5e932f49d45bcaa13770650aba64e2cac
Message ID: <93Sep5.012213pdt.14278-1@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Sep 93 01:27:30 PDT

Raw message

From: "George A. Gleason" <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 93 01:27:30 PDT
To: karn@qualcomm.com
Subject: Re:  Gubment Bombmaker's Cookbook

This case brings up the same larger issue as does privacy in all its forms:
the question of whether and to what degree the protection of the Bill of
Rights extends into the realm of electronic media.

I strongly suggest it's time to start a grassroots campaign for a new
constitutional amendment which extends all constitutional protections to
include and encompass "any electronic or optical or other means of
information storage, processing, and communication."  With a relatively
liberal, pro-technology administration in the White House, this stands a
better chance of passing now than it did a few years ago.

A constitutional amendment would put BBSs etc. on the same footing as the
spoken word and the printed page.  Without this, we're doomed to a future of
petty tyrrany and censorship.

-gg

Thread