1993-09-02 - Anonymous Credentials

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1961c74842b275836ac8e78f2bfb0829220e956f3dd166b2c2bf810194ab5c5f
Message ID: <199309021920.AA03784@panix.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Sep 93 12:24:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 93 12:24:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymous Credentials

To: cypherpunks@toad.com

Another good argument in favor of anonymous credentials...

A person of my acquaintance who was long ago "seduced by the dark side of
the Force" tells me that there is a lucrative market in ID copies supplied
by people working in the personnel departments of companies.  When new
employees come with their birth certificates, SSN cards, driver's
licenses, etc and their completed I-9 forms as required by the '86
Immigration Act, the clerk will take them to the copy machine, hit the
button twice, pocket the extra set of copies, sell the ID package to a
credit borrower or ID craftsman.  All sorts of juicy info is there in one
place.  It's great.

Duncan Frissell

Who will fool them all one day (and make the former Prince jealous) by
changing his name to ASCII 7 so that bells will ring whenever a database
accesses it.

--- WinQwk 2.0b#0

Thread