1993-09-29 - Triple DES Wanted

Header Data

From: thug@phantom.com (Murdering Thug)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2bac3d8e45359a4d4d12ea0cb4feea61425da873a75aab930ce51e2ade3160cd
Message ID: <m0oi3fO-0009GjC@mindvox.phantom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Sep 93 08:41:45 PDT

Raw message

From: thug@phantom.com (Murdering Thug)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 93 08:41:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Triple DES Wanted

I'm looking for a Triple DES file encryption program that takes arguments
in the same form as /bin/crypt or /usr/bin/des.  Is there a /bin/3des out
there somewhere?  Has anyone come across 3des.c?  And if so, can you
point me in the direction where it may be found.  Thanks..

If no such program exists, I think it would be very useful to the
cypherpunks community if it were made available.  I'd also like to see a
similar stand-alone version of IDEA (/usr/bin/idea?), but since it is
patented, that's probably not going to happen, which is why I'm looking
for something like /bin/3des.

l8r, thug

Thread