1993-09-09 - Re: CHAUM CHIMES IN

Header Data

From: cme@ellisun.sw.stratus.com (Carl Ellison)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 340712741f9a73e6c4990070296be1c274b848d9a53bab885951914578046827
Message ID: <9309091550.AA23383@ellisun.sw.stratus.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 08:57:19 PDT

Raw message

From: cme@ellisun.sw.stratus.com (Carl Ellison)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 08:57:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  CHAUM CHIMES IN

>Date: 08 Sep 93 16:30:55 EDT
>From: Sandy <72114.1712@CompuServe.COM>
>Subject: CHAUM CHIMES IN

..From:
>  SANDY SANDFORT               Reply to:  ssandfort@attmail.com
 [ . . . ]
>Of course, the next letter to the editor calls for the adoption
>of systems to track every vehicle at all times.  The genius who
>wrote the letter, thinks it would be a good way to prevent
>nuclear, biological or chemical terrorism.  Geeeeez.

It was signed by Dorothy Denning, right?

Actually, they should take that to its full conclusion.

We need implants in every individual, broadcasting to the local
surveillance agency, giving not only location but also every word spoken in
the vicinity.  It could also do a chemical analysis of the air in the
neighborhood.  It should also have a radiation counter.  It should also
monitor the host body, looking for signs of anger or sexual arousal?

How else will we be guaranteed safe from mad bombers, rapists and child
molesters?  How else will our big budget LE agencies be able to protect us?

I know.  When it's finally adopted, worldwide, they'll call it
the Ellison Plan. :-(

 - Carl

Thread