1993-09-22 - Toolkit

Header Data

From: derek@cs.wisc.edu (Derek Zahn)
To: warlord@MIT.EDU (Derek Atkins)
Message Hash: 6be9d197880e113fd785a4f3b6606309a3686d7a43e0a735d76f9f3eef85b170
Message ID: <9309222124.AA24232@balder.cs.wisc.edu>
Reply To: <9309222117.AA01001@toxicwaste.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-22 21:26:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 14:26:59 PDT

Raw message

From: derek@cs.wisc.edu (Derek Zahn)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 14:26:59 PDT
To: warlord@MIT.EDU (Derek Atkins)
Subject: Toolkit

> If you plan to do this yourself, I can guarantee you, 100%, that
> *NONE* of your work will go into the next release of PGP!
>
> The work you suggest is underway.  Please be patient, for if you
> did look at the PGP code, you would see what spaghetti it really
> is!  If you remain patient, and wait for the next release, then
> maybe things will be a lot better for you!)

Well, this highlights an issue -- should a Toolkit be based
on PGP or RSAREF?  If the releasers of PGP are disinclined
toward the project, perhaps RSAREF would make more sense
(though I suppose that depends on how much cypherpunks hate
RSAREF).

> -derek

derek
(er, damn, the *other* derek)