1993-09-20 - Re: reporter seeking interview subjects

Header Data

From: remailer@netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 71034c76a67cc5adbc9e780f509954c9cf23b77e6a6cb0ce16c5130cfe59bf4b
Message ID: <9309200220.AA14061@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 19:26:59 PDT

Raw message

From: remailer@netcom.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 19:26:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: reporter seeking interview subjects

At 11:35 AM 9/19/93 -0400, Stanton McCandlish wrote:
>> > looking for interesting "case studies" that I can use to horrify
>> > my listeners out of their complacency.  My most immediate need is
>>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Just what I love from the media, using sensationalism to convey a
>> preconceived idea instead of looking at the facts and reporting it.
>> Does it matter that he is reporting on our side and not the other
>> side?
>
>Why of course it does.  No wishing and praying will make the media suddely
>become pure and holy.  This is a propaganda war, and there's no reason
>for both sides not to get in on the act.  Otherwise, it's like fighting
>guns with slingshots.

No horror, no story. Who wants to hear a story about how they're perfectly
safe letting the world look at their medical history? If that was true, no
one would want to hear about it on the radio.

Thread