1993-09-16 - Random Numbers

Header Data

From: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7234abd3e2f509adcad7bfb6ea652597488df7f6590cc25d7aad6305501a3809
Message ID: <01H300QM3KUI8ZG7IN@delphi.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 00:14:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 00:14:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Random Numbers

an31185@anon.penet.fi writes:

>So, it sounds like what we *really* need is a little box with a shot-noise
>generator that attaches to a serial port and generates truly random
>numbers to use for the key. Anyone out there feel like designing one
>for us?

That sounds doable. Tune a radio to a spot where there is static, plug it
into the audio in port of a SoundBlaster card, sample a few Kbytes, and
MD5 it to get your key. Nobody is going to reconstruct that.

                                     < MikeIngle@delphi.com >

P.S. Has anyone called Mykotronx lately? I called a while ago and asked for
any databooks and appnotes on Clipper. They said the databooks weren't
ready yet, and offered to put me on a mailing list for appnotes when they
were ready. I got the impression Mykotronx isn't too happy about the status
of the Clipper/Spooktap project.  :-)

Thread