1993-09-19 - Re: reporter seeking interview subjects

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 73a6e243320580e03b587c5bc79832d98145f61ca66d1138146289abb4b2a429
Message ID: <199309191535.AA11204@eff.org>
Reply To: <9309180811.AA21373@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-19 15:37:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 08:37:18 PDT

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 08:37:18 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: reporter seeking interview subjects

> > Hi, my name is Matt Binder.  Please help me...
> >         I'm a radio reporter in the SF Bay area working on a series
> > of pieces about invasions of privacy in the computer age.  I'm
> > looking for interesting "case studies" that I can use to horrify
> > my listeners out of their complacency.  My most immediate need is
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Just what I love from the media, using sensationalism to convey a
> preconceived idea instead of looking at the facts and reporting it.
> Does it matter that he is reporting on our side and not the other
> side?

Why of course it does.  No wishing and praying will make the media suddely
become pure and holy.  This is a propaganda war, and there's no reason
for both sides not to get in on the act.  Otherwise, it's like fighting
guns with slingshots.

--
DISCLAIMER: This message represents only my OWN opinion, not that of EFF.
Stanton McCandlish    Electronic Frontier Foundation Online Activist & SysOp

Thread