1993-09-24 - PGP question

Header Data

From: Sameer Parekh <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8cb8982c418ef46c8fde4976f432da927304b7fa746e3c4bf9f45d4a04a2ca4f
Message ID: <9309240659.AA18309@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 00:02:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Sameer Parekh <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 00:02:30 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP question

	I have run into a rather embarrasing problem with PGP. I
accidentally deleted the secret key to my cory remailer. Luckily, I
have kept a backup of all my remailer keys in a safe place, so I still
have it. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to extract the cory
secret key from the keyring containing the secret keys for my other
remailers.
	pgp -kx and pgp -kr work quite fine for the public keys, but I
can't get them to work for the secret keys. (All 6 keys were on the
same keyring.)
	Any help?

	(Because of this problem, PGP on cs60a-qu@cory.eecs.berkeley
isn't working-- if you want to do pGP through one of my remailers, use
sameer@soda.berkeley.edu or sameer@netcom.com)

Thread