1993-09-07 - Re: REMAIL: pasting

Header Data

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8d2cdc8766ed7fca689ed559cab096052cd3bd7fec121211135cd1fe4118905c
Message ID: <9309071839.AA26292@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 11:41:41 PDT

Raw message

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 11:41:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: REMAIL: pasting

>The cypherpunks remailers to support an outgoing pasting token: the
>double hash (##).  It will paste text into the outgoing mail header.
>
>I'm not sure about pasting in reply fields to override behavrior.
>That dependes on precedence between "From:" and "Reply-To:", etc.
>Basically, I'm not real familiar with the appropriate RFC :-)

     My remailer certainly does not support a double hash!  If you want
to paste something into the header with my remailer, put it in the "::"
header block.  For example:

::
Request-Remailing-To: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu
Subject: blah

     It will ignore the "##" header block and send it as part of the body.

     By the way, chaos.bsu.edu is currently down...  I screwed up my boot
sector.  I was going to install NetBSD 0.9 anyway, so that's what I'll
do this afternoon or Thursday.

Chael

--
Chael Hall