1993-09-21 - Re: Public-Key Crypto Toolkit

Header Data

From: strick – henry strickland <strick@versant.com>
To: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
Message Hash: 95abf83e070012d920edbc14c19b3bf0a87231224ae7d077c655e9180635c59d
Message ID: <9309210404.AA16790@versant.com>
Reply To: <01H36SZHSIAC8WX5BI@delphi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-21 04:07:52 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 21:07:52 PDT

Raw message

From: strick -- henry strickland <strick@versant.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 21:07:52 PDT
To: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
Subject: Re: Public-Key Crypto Toolkit

THUS SPAKE Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>:
# Any ideas as
# to what language/method would be best for implementing a PK toolbox?  This
# could really get the "Cypherpunks write code" ideal moving. Anyone want to
# help?

Yeah, let's write some code!

"TCL" is my language of choice for this -- it was designed specifically
for wrapping other libraries and embedding inside other tools.

I've been wanting to build the crypto-toolkit, too, and have started with RSAREF wrappers.

There's a nice TCP module for TCL that lets you implement clients and
servers.  There's also the "TK" X-windows toolkit, for seamless graphical
interfaces to TCL stuff.

Ftp to sprite.berkeley.edu and ftp down TCL or TK (which will include TCL).
(A lot of people may suggest perl, but perl was designed with a different
set of goals in mind.)

					strick
					strick@versant.com

Thread