1993-09-19 - Re: GOPHER: misc

Header Data

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
To: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu (Karl Lui Barrus)
Message Hash: 9adf3dbea68e038ce28ae64470c48e86771cd731c001ed3ca074ced8555bec24
Message ID: <9309191336.AA10883@monet.VIS.ColoState.EDU>
Reply To: <9309190629.AA02026@flammulated.owlnet.rice.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-19 13:39:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 06:39:45 PDT

Raw message

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 93 06:39:45 PDT
To: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu (Karl Lui Barrus)
Subject: Re: GOPHER: misc

Karl Lui Barrus coersed the electrons into symbolizing:
>I think I should read the gopher FAQ :-)  And look at WWW when I have
>some time.

Speaking of WWW, I am working on a DoE project (the "Computational
Science Education Project", CSEP for short), and part of this prject
involves the development of a WWW-able book.... so what i am saying is
that I have quite a lot of experience with WWW, and would be more than
happy to help develop (or just plain develop) a set of HTML (the type
of document that WWW readers (such as NCSA Mosaic) read)...  I don't
think that I would feel comfortable running it from the machines in my
laboratory, but I will speak to my boss about it when the time is right,
maybe I'll ask about letting people have their own home pages... that are
defined as being separate from the project or something.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to donate some drive space, and wants to
set up a WWW server, I know how, and I can get it done.

Just trying to do my part,

-nate sammons

| Nate Sammons   email: nate@VIS.ColoState.Edu
|      Colorado State University Computer Visualization Laboratory
|      Finger nate@monet.VIS.ColoState.Edu for my PGP key
|      #include <std.disclaimer>
|                                    Always remember "Brazil"

Thread