1993-09-19 - GOPHER: misc

Header Data

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9ca070eb142d49825c4de64b8d7ac1e03f5787a1a1f2361fddbd5913b3c0c379
Message ID: <9309190629.AA02026@flammulated.owlnet.rice.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Sep 93 23:31:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 93 23:31:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: GOPHER: misc

Thanks for the feedback about links - I didn't read that far in the
server.doc!  It looks like I could point to the EFF gopher for
legislation and stuff, if they wouldn't mind...?

But, stuff I link to has to be available from another gopher, right?
I mean, I just can't point to a directory on some machine and have
gopher retrieve the file for viewing?  Or can I?  Because I definitely
would like to have the RFC's and message digest stuff viewable, or
pointed to.  Also, will gopher uncompress a file before displaying?

I think I should read the gopher FAQ :-)  And look at WWW when I have
some time.

Also, where is the "Digital Silk Road" paper?  I'd like to put the
text version in the "Digital Cash" section.  I'd also like to put the
two reports at cwi up, but those are postscript...

gopher.wustl.edu has a TANTALIZING menu item for the ftp site, but I
got a connection refused message.  I need to talk to Chael to see
exactly what kind of disk space we have to work with - it looks like
to me an ftp option retrieves files to the gopher site (chaos).

I put up some more stuff, including remailer public keys, but not much
more on anonymous mail and still nothing on clipper.

--
Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories

Thread