1993-09-14 - Re: warez garbage cluttering the screen

Header Data

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
To: loki@convex1.TCS.Tulane.EDU (the mischeivious god)
Message Hash: a978bc1ef52f6a38690c5332ab2197186d62a61948591b449c61a69d06a3f87b
Message ID: <9309140848.AA04683@toad.com>
Reply To: <9309140737.AA25877@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-14 08:48:51 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 01:48:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 01:48:51 PDT
To: loki@convex1.TCS.Tulane.EDU (the mischeivious god)
Subject: Re: warez garbage cluttering  the  screen

> > What have these endless  bandwidth wasting   lists   of
> >                supposed   warez   sites  to  do  with  Cypherpunks? Please
> > take  your  personnal  vendettas  elsewhere.  I  pay  for DL  time.
> >
> > ---Marc
> >
> GRRRRRRRRRRRR......	I dont have to pay and I rather found it useful.
>
> loki

Then maybe a list for warez topics should be formed.  I find alot
of things on the cypherpunks list that is off-topic to be interesting.
The list is however for the discussion of cryptography and privacy.
The only thing that all people on this list have in common is their
interest in crypto and privacy, and the list should stick to those
points.  Other topics that are interesting should be taken to
private email or put on the appropriate lists (barring of course
the occasional slip or wandering of the topic).

Thread